DİSK Basın İş has been organized in companies that produce content for the Artı TV and Artı Gerçek for about a year. As a Germany-Netherlands-based foundation, the management of Artı TV and Artı Gerçek has been purchasing services from two companies with 55 employees. These two companies provide services solely for Artı TV and Artı Gerçek.
In December 2020, based on ILO norms and international law, we called the company management to sign a protocol on working conditions. We wanted to sign a contract for the social and economic rights of the employees who have been working without a raise for the past four years. The management refused the raise demands on the grounds of economic conditions. While the negotiations continued on this issue, the pressure on the employees increased. One of our members was forced to resign after she refused to do anything out of work description. When she didn’t, she was sent to leave. Following this incident, the workers made a warning protest at the tv channel for eight hours. They demanded to end the pressure on employees and start the negotiations with the union.
After the protest, the management contacted us. After one-month negotiations, we signed the contract on March 4. Following the contract, seven employees were forced to resign or, in other words, fired. Due to the pandemic, Turkey banned unemployment; therefore, our members were forced to go on an “unpaid leave.”
One of the people who got fired is our work representative, Cenk Koçak. In the protocol, the work representative is defined as the authorized person to solve the work-place problems. In addition to that, Turkish law restricts the disemployment of the work representative of the union. However, our representative got fired. Notwithstanding, the representative laid off on March 19.
Following these developments, our union made a meeting on March 22 and stated that we’d fight against mobbing and unemployment. On the same evening, the Editor-in-Chief of the Artı TV informed the president of DİSK Basın İş that the Artı TV and Artı Gerçek terminated their contract with the company which the union signed the contract.
The termination of the contract with the company’s result will be the unemployment of 55 workers. With the decision of Artı TV and Artı Gerçek, the authorization of the union was also removed.
Today, the DİSK Basın İş made a statement and called the Artı management to abandon this decision will leave workless unemployed. The employees are not informed in official channels yet. If the call will be authorized and the workers will be notified, the union will launch a series of actions.
We expect you to call the Artı Editorial Board based in Cologne, and the Artı Foundation, which Artı TV and Artı Gerçek are affiliated with by letters and phone calls and demand the withdrawal of the decision. We call for your solidarity messages for the Artı workers.
Contact: +90 542 486 9213 – Özge Yurttaş General Secretary of DİSK Basın İş
DİSK Basın İş'in çağrısı ile bir çok kişi İstanbul'da Habertürk binası önünde Muharrem Sarıkaya'nın gazeteci Ahmet Demir'e attığı tokata yanıt verdi. Genel Başkanımız Faruk Eren "Pek çok basın emekçisinin kolektif çabasıyla sürdürülebilen bir yayın faaliyetinde iş arkadaşına şiddet uygulamak, hele de bunu sırtını dayadığı güce, konumuna, titrine güvenerek yapmak, asla kabul edilemez. Haber Türk yönetimine çağrımız Sarıkaya’nın bütün görevlerinin sona erdirilmesidir." dedi.
In Turkey that led to freelance workers being unionized DİSK, Basın İş scored another pioneering work. The union signed protocols at two institutions producing news for ARTI TV and Artı Gerçek, based on ILO conventions. The protocol paved the way for employees to participate in management.
After the 1980 military coup, many unions cannot make collective labor agreements, even though they hold the majority in their workplaces due to the industry threshold introduced to prevent unions from organizing. A protocol was signed as a result of negotiations with the employer of two companies, in which almost all employees are members of the DİSK Basın İş.
So far in Turkey, Social Workers' Union under DİSK had signed the protocol with Amnesty International per the ILO conventions. The recent protocol is the first protocol signed in the media sector.
Freelance employees became union members with the efforts of DİSK Basın İş, and a freelance journalist took part in the board of directors of the union.
AGREEMENT REGARDING WORKPLACE CONDITIONS
ARTICLE 1 - PARTIES
1) This agreement is entered into between the Turkish Press, Broadcasting and Printer Workers’ Union (DİSK Basın-İş) and Yirmidört Kare Basın Yayın Film Yapım Prodüksiyon Limited Şirketi (24 Kare Prodüksiyon) according to the conditions and principles listed below.
2) DİSK Basın-İş shall hereinafter be referred to as the union, while members of DİSK Basın-İş üyeleri shall be referred to as employees. Yirmidört Kare Basın Yayın Film Yapım Prodüksiyon Limited Şirketi and its deputies shall hereinafter be referred to as the employer.
ARTICLE 2 - SCOPE OF APPLICATION
1) This agreement applies to the 24 Kare Prodüksiyon A.Ş. workplace, all buildings, and annexes that belong to the employer, as well as all places to which workers can be assigned in line with their journalistic profession.
ARTICLE 3 - RESPONSIBILITIES
1) The parties recognize, above all, the fundamental principles of protecting employees’ rights in the workplace, the facilitation of employees’ professional development, and the representation of employees on the board.
2) In accordance with the law and this agreement, the employer’s management right may not be exercised in such a way as to negate the rights and benefits granted to employees.
3) The employer agrees to act in good faith in performing its duties to the best of its abilities, avoid using forceful influence and pressure to make members leave the union and join another union, and avoid interfering in the administration of the union either directly or indirectly.
4) Members of the union’s Board of Directors and area representatives are always at liberty to meet with employees and the employer on the condition that they first arrange an appointment.
5) In the event of disagreements between employees and the employer, the union’s workplace representatives and the employer shall first meet to address the problem. In the event that they fail to reach a solution, the union shall meet with the employer in an effort to find a solution. It is essential that the parties solve their issues in the most reasonable way possible without resorting to legal avenues.
6) In the event of problems or practices that the Labor Law does not address, either the employer or union’s workplace representative shall recommend the convocation of at least one deputy of the employer, one workplace representative, and one member of the union’s Board of Directors to address the issue and facilitate a solution.
ARTICLE 4 - WORKPLACE UNION REPRESENTATIVE
1) The number of union representatives in the workplace shall be determined in accordance with Law No. 6356.
2) Representatives shall be selected in accordance with the union’s statutes and regulations while the employer shall receive written notification of the results of the representatives’ election along with the relevant minutes.
3) Workplace union representatives shall convey all problems to either the employer or representatives that the employer determines and, depending on the nature of the issue, to the union’s administration so that the various parties may seek a solution.
4) A workplace union representative shall also act as the employees’ representative on the health and safety board.
5) The employer shall place a union announcement board in a location that all employees can view.
ARTICLE 5 - WORKING CONDITIONS
1) In regards to hiring and the assigning of tasks:
- a) In the hiring process, an employee shall be informed of her/his tasks and the department in which she/he shall work. For the purposes of this notification, an employee’s tasks and the department shall be clearly stated in the contract in line with the agreement between the employee and the employer. Once this article comes into force, this article shall apply to the hiring process. For previously hired employees, the permanent workplace application shall take precedence. In the event of any differences and discrepancies in implementation, this agreement shall take precedence.
- b) In the event that an employee is assigned a task that exceeds the scope of the job description included in her/his contract, the employer shall obtain the employee’s written consent, while the workplace representative will be informed of the situation. No one may be forced to do a job they do not wish to do. The employer exercises the right to demand revisions to tasks as changes occur in the course of work. At the end that the employer cannot reach an agreement with employees regarding such demands, Article 3.6 shall be applied.
- c) Staff numbers shall be determined according to the department. In the event of a reduction or an increase in staffing, representatives shall inform the union’s administrators about the matter.
- d) In new hirings, probation periods shall not exceed two months.
- e) The length of employment is the same as the length of employment determined in the laws.
2) In regards to professional development and training:
- a) The parties shall organize training programs for the purposes of deepening employees’ professional knowledge and experience. The parties may organize these programs together or separately.
- b) Employers may not place any financial burden on employees for training programs. Additionally, time spent in training shall be counted as time worked.
- c) Schedules of leaves for training and a list of participating employees shall be presented to the employer in advance.
- d) Employees shall use the leave period for training and are obliged to present any certificates gained to the employer and the union.
3) In regards to wage regulations:
- a) In setting the lowest wage in the workplace, the employer shall consider the hunger and poverty line in prioritizing efforts to provide a humane living standard.
- b) Once the agreement comes into force, wages shall rise with regard to the criteria listed in Clause a) of Article 5.3 at the beginning of every calendar year. The wage hikes shall not be less than the hike in the minimum wage. The raise date for 2021 will be discussed separately by the employer and the union, taking into account the pandemic conditions and possible effects on the workplace.
- c) Managers shall not earn wages that exceed those of employees by more than fourfold. Supplemental payments may be made to employees based on their professional experience or length of service.
- d) In the event that working hours exceed the working hours specified by law, the employee shall receive overtime pay in accordance with the law. Both parties may increase the overtime pay.
- e) Employees shall receive a bonus of at least 250 Turkish Liras every new year and every 1 May International Unity, Struggle, and Solidarity Day.
- f) The employer shall regularly provide all employees with monthly payslips calculated in accordance with relevant regulations and immediately address all problems regarding this issue. In the event that wages are not paid in full or are paid incorrectly, the mistake shall be corrected the following month, when the remaining wages from the previous month shall be added to that month’s wages.
- a) The employer shall take care to ensure that all employees use their annual paid holiday time as specified by law. Annual paid holidays may be taken in stages contingent on the consent of the employee. In the event that this occurs, however, at least 10 of the vacation days must be consecutive. The relevant articles of the Labor Law shall apply with regard to this issue.
- b) In the event that the nature of the job requires work to be done on public and religious holidays, workplace union representatives and the employer shall together determine who will work on the condition that the affected employees’ consent is obtained.
- c) In addition to annual paid leave, employees exercise the right to two days of leave every 15 days.
ARTICLE 6 - IMPLEMENTATION
1) This agreement and the rules that it stipulates shall enter into force on the date of signature. Considering the possible consequences of the Covid19 pandemic, the articles can be renegotiated at the request of the parties.
2) This agreement was signed by both parties on XX.XX.2021.
3) This protocol is extended to those who work with Har Medya Yapım Tanıtım Organizasyon ve Ticaret Limited Şirketi and those who work in companies where DİSK Basın İş is organized.
REPRESENTATIVES OF REPRESENTATIVES
DİSK BASIN-İŞ 24 Kare Prodüksiyon A.Ş.S
Uluslararası Basın Kartı sendikamızın üyesi bulunduğu Uluslararası Gazeteciler Federasyonu (FIJ) tarafından gazetecilik mesleğinin daha güvenli bir şekilde yapılması amacıyla verilmektedir. Sendikamız tarafından alınan başvurular, FIJ'e iletilmekte ve hazırlanan kartlar yine sendikamız aracılığıyla üyelerimize dağıtılmaktadır.
Bu form üzerinden başvuru yapmanız kart alacağınız anlamına gelmiyor. FIJ kuralları uyarınca ;
Öncelikle basın kartı alabilmeniz için sendikamıza üye olmanız gerekmektedir.
Aktif olarak gazetecilik yapıyor olmanız gerekmektedir.
Eğer serbest gazetecilik yapıyorsanız üyelik başvurunuzu e-devlet üzerinden yaptıktan sonra geçerli bir iş sözleşmesini tarafımıza iletmeniz gerekmektedir.
Uluslararası Basın Kartı almanız uygun görüldüğünde sizinle irtibata geçilecek ve sendikamız hesabına 50 Euro karşılığını TL cinsinden yatırmanız gerekmektedir.
Hesap adı: Türkiye Basın Yayın ve Matbaa Çalışanları Sendikası
Türkiye giderek bir karanlığın içine çekiliyor. Gazeteciler her türlü baskıya rağmen bu karanlığa elinden geldiğince ışık tutmaya çalıştıkça yeni yasa(k)lar geliyor.
AKP önce medya sahiplik yapısını istediği gibi düzenledi. Sonra o kurumların başına gerekli atamalar yapıldı.
Biat etmeyen gazeteciler işsizlikle, açlıkla 'terbiye' edilmeye çalışıldı. Başaramadılar.
Gazeteciler terörist ilan edildi, cezaevlerine konuldu, binlerce dava açıldı. Başaramadılar.
Su çatlağını bulur misali ortaya çıkan bir çok kurum KHK'larla kapatıldı. Başaramadılar.
Basın toplantılarında bazı gazetecilerin eline sorular tutuşturup, sadece onlara 'cevap' vermeye başladılar. İstenmeyen soru soranları basın toplantılara almadılar. Başaramadılar.
Bilgiye ulaşımı engellemek için 'bilgi edinme hakkı' başvurularına hatta milletvekillerinin soru önergelerine bile yanıt vermediler. Başaramadılar.
Şimdi yeni bir yasa(k) peşindeler. Öyle bir yasa(k) ki, örneğin bir bakanın "Dolara yatırım yapan yanacak" açıklamasını haber yapan "yalan haber" yaptığı için ceza alabilir.
Öyle bir yasa(k) ki Cumhurbaşkanı geçmişte "Halkı kin ve düşmanlığa tahrik" ettiği iddiasıyla ceza aldığı için, olur da bir gün gazetecilik yapmak isterse İletişim Başkanlığı'ndan Turkuaz Basın Kartı alması mümkün değil.
Elbette bunlar sadece "mesela" dediğimiz yanı, bugün için böyle olmayacağını biliyoruz. Ama gün olur, devran döner, bu yasa(k) bir başkasının eline geçer. Geçmişte olduğu gibi mağrurlar bir anda mağdura dönüşebilir.
Başaramadınız, başaramayacaksınız. Su akar, çatlağını bulur.
Herkû diçe Tirkîyê bi ber rewşek tarîve tê keşandin. Li hemberî hemû tiştî çikas rojnamevan jibo tariyê ronî bikin tişta ji destê wa tê dikin lê qedexeyê nû (zagon) derdikevin pêşiya wa.
Desthilat a AKP pêşî binyatî ya xwediyêtiya çapemeniyê guhard. Piştê kese ku dixwast di bicîh kir.
Rojnamegere ku serî ne tewandin bi birçîbûnêre rû bi rû hatin hiştin û bê kar man. Lê serneketin.
Rojnameger wekî 'terorîst' hatin pênasekirin, xistin girtîgeha, bi hezara doz li wa hatin vekirin. Lê serneketin.
Gelek saziyê çapemeniyê e bi gelek zahmeta hatin damezrandinê bi rêya KHK'ya hatin girtin. Lê serneketin.
Di civînê çapemenîye de çend pirs xistin destê hinek rojnamevana û tenê bersiv dana wa pirsa. Kesê ku pirsê ew naxazim wê pirs bikin tevlî civîna nekirin. Lê serneketin.
Peşniyazname ye ku parlementere pirsê xwe nivîsandî bê bersiv hiştin û 'mafê agahî destxistin' asteng kirin. Lê serneketin.
Naha jî li pey qedexeye (zagon) nû na. Ev qedexeyêk (zagon) wisa ya kî; kesek bêje "Ye ku pere xwe razene Dolar wê bişewite" û rojnamevan ve bike nûçe wê ji "Nûçeye derew" lê ceza were birîn.
Qedexeyên wisa ya ku rojêkî ku serokkomar e ji "Gel tahrîk" kirî ceza lê hatî birî bixwaze bibe rojnamevan wê ne mimkun bê kî serokatiya ragihandinê qarte firûze bigire.
Ev tişt ne rastin tenê tiştê ku em dixwazin îroj bal bikişîne ne. Lê wê rojek were, dewran çarq bike û ev qedexe we bikevin destê hinekê dî. Wekî ku berê me dîtî mexrûr di demek lez de dikarin bibin maxdûr.
Hûn serneketin û hûnê sernekevin. Av diherike û derza xwe dibine.